State-Wide Education management Information System (SwEMiS)
The management of education in the 21st century has gradually moved from the traditional manual processes and procedures to the use of automated systems that supports robust relational databases, digital archives, analytics and reporting systems that can enable government and relevant stakeholders make prompt and accurate decisions.
Most of the administrative activities carried out by education administrators can be more effective if these activities are digitised for easy access and cost optimisation.
It is on the heels of the foregoing that a State-Wide Education Management Information System (SwEMiS) was developed to make for easy management of the education system.
SwEMiS is an information management system that enables State Ministries of Education and other relevant stakeholders find a one-stop-shop for all relevant administrative activities as it relates to schools (both private and public) in all LGAs of the State.
It caters for;
- Registration of private schools,
- Enrolment of pupils and students in both private and public schools,
- Manages processes and procedures for registering a new school,
- Renewal of existing registration and even proffer a change on the existing registration,
Features of SwEMiS
Some of the outstanding features of the SwEMiS include the following;
- Schools registration
- Schools approval processes
- Schools facilities and premises evaluation
- Schools Directory and related services
- Staff employment / enrolment
- Student enrolment
- Staff qualification oversight
- Capacity Development & Certifications
Benefits of SwEMiS
Some of the benefits that will accrue to the State on the adoption of proposed management Information System for the state are as follows:
- Centralization of all education records
- Supports effective monitoring and supervision of schools
- Gives a platform for easy reporting and analysis
- Source of revenue generation via the numerous services that will run on the platform
- Promotes accountability and transparency in all engagements with private schools
- It sets the tone for effective policy and procedure development and implementation
A major benefit of the State-Wide Education Management Information System (SwEMiS) is that it provides a source of IGR to the Ministry of Education and the State at Large through registrations, approvals and other attendant regulatory activities.